By submitting your photos to the 2016 CGAP Photo Contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- By entering, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images and may also continue to use them in any manner you choose. You agree that the images you submit may be used in printed publications, on CGAP's websites (including www.cgap.org and microfinancegateway.org), in a slideshow and screensaver, may be uploaded on CGAP's social media channels, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country provided that you are afforded appropriate attribution as the photographer.
- You are entering this contest at your own risk. You must agree that, regardless of the outcome, you will not challenge the results of the CGAP Photo Contests (the “Contest”) or file any claims or suits against the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), the World Bank (IBRD), their affiliates, directors, officers, or employees, arising from the conduct of the Contest. You agree that CGAP need not return to you any images you submit and that CGAP may, in its sole discretion, terminate this contest without any liability to you. If CGAP terminates the Contest before its completion, CGAP agrees that it will not use your images for any purpose.
- You promise that you are at least 18 years of age, you are not an employee (or an immediate family member of an employee) of CGAP or the World Bank (IBRD).
- You promise that the photographs you submit (a) are your own work, (b) do not (to your knowledge) infringe on the rights of any other person or business, and (c) have not been previously published.
- You promise that any individual persons depicted in the photographs (except outdoor crowd scenes) have given you permission to use their image in your photograph. We ask for this promise because we want you to be respectful of the persons you photograph and considerate of their sensitivities concerning the use of their image in your photograph.
- You agree that neither CGAP nor the World Bank (IBRD) is endorsing any organization depicted in the photographs entered in, or chosen as winners of, the Contest.
- You promise that your photograph accurately reflects the subject matter and scene as it appeared, and that it has not been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.).
- You agree that CGAP will not pay you for your images, whether you win a prize or not.
- You agree that neither CGAP nor the World Bank (IBRD) is acting as an agent, publisher, or intermediary for the photograph(s) you submit. Any inquiries from outside parties about the purchase or use of your photograph(s) will be passed on to you, the photographer, directly. CGAP holds copyright to the collection of photos that constitute the CGAP Photo Contest.
- By entering this Contest, you agree that CGAP may verify the eligibility, ownership and originality of any submission, and that upon request, you shall submit a written copy of any release, license, or permission you have received from a third party granting you the right to use such submission. You understand that in the event your submission is selected as a winning submission and your ownership rights and the originality of your submission cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the CGAP, or it is in any other way ineligible, the CGAP shall select an alternate winner based on the same Judging Criteria. CGAP and the World Bank (IBRD) assume no liability to third parties for unverified ownership rights claimed by entrants.
- If after announcing the winners CGAP determines that a winner has misrepresented, misstated, or mischaracterized his or her submission in any way, or is not the rightful owner of the submission, the submission may be disqualified from the Contest, and any prizes or privileges received by the entrant as a result of winning this contest may be rescinded. Any determinations made by CGAP in withdrawing and disqualifying any submission will be final.
By entering, you retain copyright and remain the owner of your images and may also continue to use them in any manner you choose. You agree that the images you submit may be used in printed publications, on CGAP's websites (including www.cgap.org and microfinancegateway.org), in a slideshow and screensaver, may be uploaded on CGAP's social media channels, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country provided that you are afforded appropriate attribution as the photographer.